Tuesday, July 04, 2006

SuSe YAST Package management

I have suse 10.1 . i have installed limited pacakages from dvd.

The Big head ache is whenever i want to install more pacakages i have to insert my dvd. Now i got tiger balm for my head ache ;-)...

Save Locally....

I have copied suse iso in to my hard disk.

dd if=/dev/cdrom of=/backup/suse10.1.iso

(Even u can directly copy the cds or dvd files in to one directory, but we can use iso as

backup)

Then , i have mounted that into other directory,

mount -o loop -t iso9660 /backup/suse10.1.iso /backup/foo

For pacakages updation..

YAST-SoftwareManagement-Search and Select the pacakages...- Accept

Then it shows the box

" Insert Suse linux 10.1 DVD 1"

Check the show details option. it shows for dvd as

dvd:///?devices=/dev/hdc

for hard disk file

file:///backup/foo

Thats all . Now u can update packs from hard disk.

technorati tags:,

No comments: